COVID-19 MAY 30, 2020 UPDATE:
PLEASE READ ~BEFORE SCHEDULING ~
Phase One Re-Opening
Governor Brown and the (OHA) Oregon Health Authority has outlined requirements affecting both givers and receivers of personal services for the first phase. PSA: Lifting restrictions are not without risk regardless of age and particularly so for anyone having underlying health concerns or if one should be asymptomatic, and carry the virus without knowing it regarding the COVID-19 exposure.
WHAT WE KNOW AT THIS TIME
While it is true conflicting reports exist concerning safety protocols about this particular virus it is best to stay on the side of caution in our current understanding so that we can prepare and limit exposure. We know it to pass from one person to another through respiratory channels. Health Authorities tells us masking in public and in personal services is super important, because people may be asymptomatic, not have symptoms and then spread the virus before showing primary symptoms (cough, fever or shortness of breath) or be a carrier with mild or nonexistant symptoms but able to pass it to others.
As anyone who has had a massage understands, close proximity and direct contact cannot be avoided so for this reason we will both be masked before, during and after treatment. This is as much for your protection as it is for mine and for anyone else who follows after you.
In the words of Ruthe Werner, a highly respected published researcher in the field of touch science:
[“ As we learn more about this situation, guidelines will change. This is a snapshot in time, and I dearly hope that in a year we will look back on this and say, “Yes, we’ve learned a lot since then.” But until that time, we must be cautious and conservative, so that we can keep to our promise to “do no harm.”]
Science has shown we know enough to continue to remain hopeful but very cautious. That is why all of us who receive and give personal services must do our best to make the best choice in our current understandings in order to remain open for business.
What will be different?
Many things will be different and challenging in ways not fully experienced yet for both you and me and others in personal services as we begin to re-open our business to you. In twenty years of providing my services without a doubt COVID is something never imagined I'd have to prepare for to this degree.
- Paying ahead is required with scheduling.
- Appointments are now booked on line and limited to manage available hours and exposure.
- My health form is new and electronically fill-able on-line with the addition of a COVID questionnaire. Everyone seeing me for massage is required to complete both electronic forms before appointment day.
- Day of your visit: Onsite premises exposure is variable and uncontrollable, including the parking area, common interior areas and restrooms, therefore consider this as you would any other public space in general concerning COVID Communications.
- Water cups and in-room water dispensing are discontinued, therefore you may want to bring a water bottle from home to leave in your vehicle for use after your appointment. Hot towels are discontinued at this time as well.
- You are required to wait in your vehicle instead of the lobby until your specific appointment time. Waiting visitors are no longer being seated in the lobby due to COVID so if you have a travel companion they will need to wait in their or your vehicle.
I, your Therapist, am required to wear protective coverings and to follow more strict sanitation practices as well as change into fresh garments for each new client. Things and activities in the treatment room will be different than you may have experienced before either with me or another business you may have been to.
- Even though I have missed you and love hugs when given for those who do that, we service providers have to remain 6 feet apart from everyone until the service is being performed, at least for now so hugs at this time need to wait with service being the priority concerning touch.
- I have purchased and have added a HEPPA (‘High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance’) certified filtration unit inside the treatment room from the IQAir Company for extra clean air refreshment. You will have a sanitized surface on which to sit, stand and to place your belongings when you prepare for your massage session.
- Please keep personal items and non-essentials to a minimum bringing as few things into the room as necessary. If you normally feel chilly after session plan on bringing or wearing a light weight zip up sweat shirt or sweater and keep your heavy coat in the car. As we approach summer this will be easier for most of us to manage.
- You will be asked and are required to wash and sanitize your hands before entering my treatment room. If possible please shower, wash and dry your hair before arriving . If you have long hair please put it up. A comfortable disposable mask will be given to you to wear unless you prefer yours. Your visit and contact info will be recorded for contacting if the OHA requires this information at a later date. You will again be asked a short series COVID-19 questions similar to the ones you will have completed on-line. Your forehead temperature will be taken with a noncontact temperature reader. If your temperature is elevated above normal, you will be asked to reschedule. While you are in my facility please continue to keep your mask on until you exit the building. Please take note of Oregon Public Health Authority’s public health postings at my office and in the restrooms.
- I believe in transparency and clear communication is the best policy regarding expectations and business practices overall.
- I intend the best possible experience for you while increasing safety precautions as much as possible for us both and our community while continuing to remain in compliance with my licensing Board and The Oregon Health Authority.
Thank you for your understanding as we make our way into a new way of doing business.