COVID-19 June 2020 UPDATE:
PLEASE READ ~BEFORE SCHEDULING ~
Governor Brown and the (OHA) Oregon Health Authority has outlined requirements affecting both givers and receivers of personal services. PSA: Lifting restrictions are not without risk regardless of age and particularly so for anyone having underlying health issues.
WHAT WE KNOW AT THIS TIME
While it is true conflicting reports exist it is best to stay on the side of caution so that we can prepare and limit exposure. We know it to pass from one person to another through respiratory channels.
Responsible Health Authorities tells us masking in public and in personal services is super important, because people may be asymptomatic, not have symptoms and then spread the virus before knowing or showing primary symptoms (cough, fever or shortness of breath). There could also be someone who carries the virus, is healthy but able to expose others unwittingly, particularly concerning to those who might be in cancer treatment or others having immunity impairment or other medical conditions putting them most at risk. That's the tricky nature of this particular virus.
As anyone who has had a massage understands, close proximity and direct contact cannot be avoided so for this reason we will both remain protected through-out treatment. While you are in my facility please remain masked.
In the words of Ruthe Werner, a highly respected published researcher in the field of touch science:
[“ As we learn more about this situation, guidelines will change. This is a snapshot in time, and I dearly hope that in a year we will look back on this and say, “Yes, we’ve learned a lot since then.” But until that time, we must be cautious and conservative, so that we can keep to our promise to “do no harm.”]
Science has shown we know enough to continue to remain hopeful but very cautious. That is why all of us who receive and give personal services must do our best to make the best choice in our current understandings in order to remain open for business.
What will be different?
In twenty years of providing my services without a doubt COVID is something never imagined I'd have to prepare for to this degree.
- Paying ahead and scheduling from my web-site is new and now required to manage available hours and exposure.
- My health form is new as well as a COVID questionnaire. Everyone seeing me is required to complete both electronic forms before appointment day. A secure code will be given to access them.
- Day of your visit: Onsite premises exposure is variable and uncontrollable, including the parking area, common interior areas and restrooms, therefore consider this as you would any other public space in general concerning COVID Communications.
- Water cups and in-room dispensing are discontinued, therefore you may want to bring a water bottle from home to leave in your vehicle for use after your appointment. Hot towels are discontinued at this time as well.
- You are required to wait in your vehicle until your specific appointment time. Waiting visitors are no longer being seated in the lobby. If you have a travel companion they will need to wait in their or your vehicle.
"THE NITTY GRITTY"...
- I, your Therapist, am required to wear protective coverings and to follow a very strict sanitation practice as well as change into fresh garments for each new client. Furniture has been replaced or modified for a precautionary safe zone. Table underlayments have been replaced with sanisafe surface coverings and sheets have been replaced with heavy bleach tollerant ones with natural fiber content for extended laundering. All new table coverings are being storred in airtight containers and expired linnens in a lidded transport dolly. As before, all surfaces are sanitized between each client, between each and every appointment. This now also includes the floors, counters, chairs, tables too... and all those other high touch areas, knobs and handles included. No kidding! Things and activities in the treatment room will be different than you may have experienced before either with me or another business you may have been to. I've stepped it up a notch, instead of daily, this now occurrs hourly and with a stronger disinfectant solution applied for a longer period of time typically used in the medical setting. I was well informed by my Dad who was an internal medicine Doc. and surgeon. I learned early on how to stay neat tidy in my operating room! This is to say that I am doing everything possible to re-assure you that I am taking things very seriously for your safety.
- Even though I have missed you and love hugs when given for those who do that, we service providers have to remain 6 feet apart from everyone until the service is being performed, at least for now so hugs at this time need to wait with service being the priority concerning touch.
- I have purchased a new HEPPA (‘High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance’) certified filtration unit from the IQAir Company for extra clean air refreshment in your treatment room. You will have a rigorously sanitized surface on which to sit, stand and to place your belongings when you prepare for your massage session. Iv'e also added a noncontact dispenser for my lotion so that there is absolutely no chance of cross contamination.
- Please keep personal items and non-essentials to a minimum bringing as few things into the room as necessary. If you normally feel chilly after session plan on bringing or wearing a light weight zip up sweat shirt or sweater and keep your heavy coat in the car.
- You will be asked and are required to wash and sanitize your hands before entering my treatment room. If possible please shower, wash and dry your hair before arriving . If you have long hair please put it up. A comfortable disposable mask will be given to you to wear unless you prefer yours. Your visit and contact info will be recorded for contacting if the OHA requires this information at a later date. You will again be asked a short series COVID-19 questions similar to the ones you will have completed on-line. Your forehead temperature will be taken with a noncontact temperature reader. If your temperature is elevated above normal, you will be asked to reschedule. While you are in my facility please continue to keep your mask on until you exit the building. Please take note of Oregon Public Health Authority’s public health postings at my office and in the restrooms.
- I believe in transparency and clear communication is the best policy regarding expectations and business practices overall.
- I intend the best possible experience for you while increasing safety precautions as much as possible for us both and our community while continuing to remain in compliance with my licensing Board and The Oregon Health Authority.
Thank you for your understanding as we make our way into a new way of doing business.